The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlthow-about-not-having-to-drive-in-rush-hour-12370283.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ten Mental Exercises Leading To Freedom Date:  4/9/2000  7:14 PM
Author:  TheFreep Number:  7673 of 756822

<<How about not having to drive in rush hour traffic to work every day? How about not having to get out of bed until you feel like it? How about not having to deal with nitwit Veterinarians who thinks it's their soul purpose in life to make technicians lives miserable? >>

Well, fair enough. All valid reasons. My phrasing could have been better. Guess I need another one of those lattes. :-)

My point, however, still stands. Saving extra by evaluating expenses is smart. But assuming that your post-retirement lifestyle will be the same as your pre-retirement lifestyle when you have scrimped and saved every penny by removing any excesses implies that your expectations in retirement are slim, and that your only reason to retire is that you hate working. I'm sure that is true of many, but I'm sure many more have goals and plans far beyond that.

Good luck, and I hope you get free of bad bosses and terrible commutes sooooooooon,

the freep
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us