The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/man-i-can-see-you-have-never-had-the-egotistical-12370683.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ten Mental Exercises Leading To Freedom Date:  4/9/2000  9:03 PM
Author:  JimmySD Number:  7682 of 749476

Man, I can see you have never had the egotistical nitwits for bosses I've had all my life! Like, "move that pile of bricks from there over to there." The
only reason for retiring is to do something with your time? How about not having to drive in rush hour traffic to work every day? How about not having to
get out of bed until you feel like it?

When I first read YMOYL in 94 I was so exited that someone thought like me. I wanted to share this enthusiasm with friends, family and co-workers. People could understand trying to avoid the boats and motorhomes. But when you got around to the lattes and pizzas they all pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said yeh but you got to live. I quickly stop sharing these ideas, but unfortunetly the cat was out of the bag. They never missed an oppotunity to point out that it wasn't going to work out. Retiring early I mean. And I have to admit there was plenty of times I began to wonder myself. Not to mention I didn't know anyone personally that invested in stocks never mind having a big port. My how that changed when I retired. The feeling of freedom that I thought about every working day had to be experienced to really know that yes it was worth it absolutey. No matter how much time I took off, which was 5 months the previous year. It's not the same as knowing you don't have to go back. Jimmy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us