The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-quickly-stop-sharing-these-ideas-but-12371775.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ten Mental Exercises Leading To Freedom Date:  4/10/2000  3:02 AM
Author:  4aapl Number:  7695 of 726082

I quickly stop sharing these ideas, but unfortunetly the cat was out of the bag. They never missed an oppotunity to point out that it wasn't going to work out. Retiring early I mean.

Tonight at a BBQ the subject changed to thoughts of where people (the other 23-26 year olds) wanted to retire to at 60, or even RE at 50. A friend jokingly asked if I was hoping to be retired in 15 years. When i said "I sure hope so" he looked rather shocked. Ahhh, if only he knew.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I have another friend who is hoping to get his account up to $40k, and then head to Sweden to "live till the money runs out". I'm able to talk to him on money related things, since I know he's at least somewhat on the same frequency, and that I don't have to worry about him thinking I'm crazy. Questioning thoughts are good, though just straight out doubting is another story.

4aapl (who's still plotting the best way to break the news :)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us