The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: social security Date:  4/11/2000  11:52 AM
Author:  nodowaboutit Number:  3491 of 19738

The amount of social security benefits depends on the
earned income, wages salary etc not dividends or
captial gains. I suggest you contact the social security admin near you and request the form to get
your earnings statment. Fill it out and SS will sned
back your estimated benefits depinding on your earned
income and when you retire. Do this BEFORE you retire.

The other factor is how much of your ss benefits
is taxable. To determine this all your income, earned,
unearned are included. The best way to est