The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/good-friday-is-april-fools-day-12447704.aspx

Subject:  Good Friday is April Fools Day? Date:  4/21/2000  3:56 PM
Author:  BudTuba Number:  3626 of 19224

Today I had my usual leasurely breakfast and went to the computer to see how things were faring. I use a site called StockSmart.com for company research and market tracking purposes. Much to my surprise the prices being quoted were still for last night's closing, so I found the help desk phone number and called to report the problem. The fellow answering said he would log on to see if it were a system problem. "Hey man," he said, "it's not working here either. I'll get right on it and have someone jumpstart the system."

After waiting a while to see if it came back up with current information, I decided to give up the ghost. When I returned downstairs to the kitchen, my wife asked me how the stocks were doing. "Heck, they haven't even changed since last night. I think the website has a problem, and I reported it to them."

"Congratulations" she said. "I didn't think anybody was working on Good Friday."

Dauh..h..hh.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us