The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  tax laws on college educations Date:  4/26/2000  7:48 PM
Author:  fester78 Number:  35040 of 127637

I am 21 years old and I am planning to attend a state university next fall. I want to know if there is a way to put money away, possibly in some kind of an IRA, in order to avoid paying tax on it, if I am going to use the money to pay for my education. Also, I would like to know if you do in fact get taxed on the money that you use for your own education, and if so, are there any ways to get around it? What would be the best way for me to solve my problem?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us