The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: 401k rollover to IRA Date:  4/26/2000  8:42 PM
Author:  W401K Number:  7532 of 25618

Good question.
A 401k is typically rolled into what is called a "conduit" or a "rollover" IRA. What this means is that if you take money from a 401k and put it into a rollover IRA, you will then be able to transfer this money to a