The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/early-retirement-12525636.aspx

Subject:  Early retirement Date:  5/5/2000  10:48 PM
Author:  Canuckleheadtoo Number:  3843 of 19257

I will officially retire in Nov this year. I have been off on medical leave for the last 9 months and when the day comes to finally sever the ties I will need a little help.
Here is the scenario. Pension income of about 30k/yr gross. Net after taxes, medical, dental and extended health payments is about $20,400. I also have 2 rental properties producing net of about $1200/month with a mortgage and tax payment of about the same, so the rentals and their normal costs are about even. I have about 100k in registered investments and about 45k in non sheltered investments. I need to create an income from my investing, of about 10-15k to continue the lifestyle for a few more years until we cash out of our home and then will have lots to live on. Any suggestions for a varied portfolio which will provide a 12% or better return over the next 5 years without depleting the principal? Looking for an aggressive port since I will have plenty of time to watch it on a daily basis if needed, so I am not too worried about volatility. I am a relatively experienced investor who could use a few good ideas from you folks for a couple of pointers for good stocks to research. Thank you in advance, Clay
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us