The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  deferred income reductions and net taxable incom Date:  5/9/2000  10:51 AM
Author:  carye Number:  35445 of 127616

this year i had an amount deducted "tax deferred" from my salary. the amount is noted on the payroll information part of the check as a reduction. at the end of the year on my w-2 the gross income does not reflect the "reduced" income; rather it shows the full gross pay. am i supposed to show the reductions on my 1040 tax form somewhere? i owe alot of additional tax because not enough was taken out, i think because of the deferred income. what should i do now?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us