The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thankyou-for-your-input-i-have-a-pension-and-will-12555558.aspx

Subject:  Re: EBlakemore Date:  5/11/2000  5:15 PM
Author:  matt8745 Number:  658 of 35342

Thankyou for your input. I have a pension and will supplement the pension with my mutual fund investments, all of which are taxed deferred. As I mentioned, I may or may not draw out any money at the age of 60. I am currently 55. My feeling is to keep about 25% in MMs for immediate liquidity, if needed and the rest in various types of equity portfolios. I don't believe in bond funds, but everyone seems to think I need these as part of my allocation. The response on this board has been primarily agreeing with me. All other boards I have posted this question never answered my question. They have just responded by giving me the standard answer about asset allocation that usually includes bonds as part of the allocation.

I do have a question for you. Since all of my investments are in tax deferred accounts with several mutual fund families , how do you purchase INDIVIDUAL BONDS with these monies?
Thanks, Matt
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us