The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA withdrawl Date:  5/15/2000  7:11 AM
Author:  stockdum Number:  21946 of 88758

I don't believe you can rollover 401k money directly to a Roth IRA. You would first have to do a rollover to a traditional IRA, then do a conversion to a Roth. Regarding early withdrawal of converted money from a Roth IRA, you would be subject to the 10% tax penalty even though you have already paid the tax on the converted money.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us