The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-saw-quotesmith-mentioned-on-this-board-and-i-12595275.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cobra and beyond............ Date:  5/19/2000  3:24 AM
Author:  Leppert Number:  3992 of 19022

I saw QuoteSmith mentioned on this board and I also did a search to find some other ones. I have narrowed it down to a policy through a USAA contracted health carrier or one through QuoteSmith. I haven't really been able to get all my questions answered through the on line brokers so I'm not real happy with making this decision. I tried to find a local insurance agent where my son goes to school but they don't answer their email. Any on from Terre Haute out there?

You don't have to be a USAA member to use their banking, brokerage, and health insurance products. PPOs seem to be the cheapest way to go so that is what we are going to do no matter which plan we choose.

One thing to remember is the increasing premiums because of inflation and then as you 'age up'. You will have 7 years till you are eligible for Medicare so when you do your search, take a gander at the top end ages as well so you can plan paying the higher premiums accordingly. You may reconsider the COBRA once you do that or maybe not...stay healthy & avoid doctors. Doctors kill more people every year than auto accidents and guns put together...but if you meet a Mack truck, yes you will need a Doctor.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us