The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks N / Nat'l Australia Bank Ltd.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/is-anybody-out-there-12633386.aspx

Subject:  Is anybody out there? Date:  5/26/2000  7:28 AM
Author:  d7968 Number:  6 of 16

I seem to be alone in my interest in this fine group of companies - is anybody else following this board that has been silent for some time?

I am based in the UK, and there have been some interesting developments out of the European (read UK and Eire) operations of NAB recently. Clydesdale Bank have launched a pilot e-banking operation that has been well received, the Clydesdale and Yorkshire operations are being managed more closely together with a number of head office functions merged into a Service company and reducing the cost base, and today it has been announced that the Northern Bank and National Irish are to share a CEO and be resturctured.

The Australian Bank seems to be well run, and after a slightly wobbly start Fank Cicutto is living up to expectations developed from his time with the Clydesdale. The only downside seems to be the currency exposure to the AUS$ that is implicit in an investment in NAB, and the added uncertainty that this produces.

Does anybody have any other views?

D
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us