The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Pet Lovers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-horses-have-a-dinner-bell-12635864.aspx

Subject:  My Horses Have A Dinner Bell Date:  5/26/2000  2:34 PM
Author:  LQueiros Number:  5376 of 121966

I keep a 100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank in the run-in shed where I put the bale of hay for the horses. It's just the right size for one bale, keeps the hay from getting soiled & trampled & lets them eat in a head down position.

When my salt block holder broke, I decided to put the block in the tub. (I use the big mineral blocks, not the little 1 lb ones) Rebel figured out if he pushed it around in the empty tub it made wonderful thumping & bumping sounds. Rebel is also know as "Curiousity George". He thinks everything is a toy. He knocks the tub down on its side & flips it back upright again for the fun of banging that salt block around.

Well, the thumps are so loud I can hear them inside the house, 300' away. So, of course I know the tub is empty of hay & I need to give them their bale. Off I trot to feed the scoundrels.

I don't know who is better trained - me or them? Of course, I could get another salt block holder or bolt the tub in place, but that would spoil their fun :)

Laura
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us