The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks P / Printrak International

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/one-messed-up-company-12690612.aspx

Subject:  one messed up company... Date:  6/6/2000  2:49 PM
Author:  rbonilla Number:  26 of 31

I just finished working @ printrak for a full year, in the finance / cost accounting departments....this co has major problems in the departments. turnover is very high, software is old (20 yrs...old dos based...no cost accounting / project management modules), policies and procedures are very lax...this co couldn't count the pimples on their butt's, let alone do quick, accurate, cost accounting for existing projects. I was fired, (and will therefore be considered a "disgruntled employee" for sure!) cause they were tired of hearing about what a lousy accounting system and controls they had, it caused excess work for all accountants involved, and yielded marginal results. I would be very careful investing in this company, until it has established 4-6 years of steady operating results, and clean audit reviews...I mean, this co has a ceo that has to approve $10-$25 subscription expenses, when they let huge sub contractor agreements get "out of control".....just my .02 worth...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us