The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Pet Lovers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/andrea-if-i-were-in-your-situation-i-think-i-12717933.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ugly has AIDS Date:  6/11/2000  2:54 AM
Author:  LucyM Number:  5615 of 121969

Andrea:

If I were in your situation I think I would talk to my Vet and see if he has another pet parent who has an FIV infected kitty, maybe such a person would take Ugly in. If your Vet. thinks that's possible you could also call other local Vets & see if you could put a note on their bulletin boards.

I'd give it a little time (1 week, 2 weeks??) and if no home could be found I'd put the little guy out of his misery.

If you turn him loose, he's going to infect other animals.

I was in a similar situation with a battered and neglected "tom" cat. He kept showing up in my yard when he'd had a fight, would stick around until I had his cuts cleaned and on the mend and then he'd be off until he got hurt again (during one of his visits he helped a new kitty who had adopted me get pregnant). The last time he stopped by he was too far gone to heal & I had to call animal control. I felt that I'd given him a year or so more lifetime than he would have had on his own. Moral: take solace in what you've done to ease him on his way, Andrea.

Good luck,

Lucy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us