The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: First timer trying to rollover in IRA! Date:  6/12/2000  9:39 PM
Author:  WinifredCraig Number:  22512 of 88520

Hi Cindych,

Suggest you contact TRowe Price at or at 800-541-7871 and fill out an application for an IRA Rollover Account. Check out the various sector funds (all no-load) and pick one you like. All the info you will need will be on the TRPrice website. Minimum accounts are $2,500 except for IRAs. TRP will send you the paperwork to fill out and send to your 401K Plan administrator. Do a Trustee-to-Trustee rollover to avoid tax issues. If you don't like the selection at TRP, try TD Waterhouse Bank. They are an on-line discount broker that offers some mutual funds but also will let you open a self-directed IRA. Again, let TDW send you the proper forms to fill in and send to your 401K plan administrator. Once the money is deposited in your Rollover IRA you can buy individual stocks or a mutual fund on line, by phone, by mail, or in person. Discount rates apply to online transactions only. Good luck.

Disclosure: I own TRPrice Science & Technology Fund (for past 10 years) and have been investing with TD Waterhouse for 9 years. Shout if you need more info.

Sincerely, streetsmarty
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us