The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Trad to Roth IRA for this yr? Date:  6/17/2000  6:59 PM
Author:  jobobb Number:  22697 of 88538

The contributions to the regular IRA did not give you a tax deduction. Therefore I do not think you will find one reason not to recharacterize, unless it is an extra IRA annual fee.

Since I won't be withdrawing from the account in the next 5 years (it'll be more like another 20 years), you're absolute right - and I hardly think an extra IRA fee will stop me :>
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us