The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Just 6 Mo. to go!! Date:  6/23/2000  12:06 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  22805 of 88775

If you have earned income, you should be able to make a $2K contribution to a Roth IRA--regardless of any other plans you participate in.

Nothing can be done about taxes on that $8K, but you could put $2K into a tax deductible IRA next year to reduce the bite somewhat. By working in January you have earned income in 2001, and should be eligible.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us