The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / He/She

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/cindy-good-question-i-dont-know-the-answer-to-12797583.aspx

Subject:  Re: That rush!!!!! Date:  6/25/2000  5:26 PM
Author:  Durnib Number:  3782 of 44390

Cindy,

Good question. I don't know the answer to this. But there is a quote that I keep with me and I read each time I get into a new relationship. It's from the movie Prelude to a Kiss with Alec Baldwin and Meg Ryan.

"When you're first getting to know someone, and in that blissful psychotic first flush of love, it seems like every aspect of their personality, their whole demeanor, the simple lovely twist of their earlobes, and their marvelous phone voice, and their soft, dark, wet.... whatever, is somehow embued with an extra push of color, an intensity, heretofor, you know, unknown..."

Everything looks different, feels different, you think different... It happens to all of us, in different ways. For me, my posture literally changes. I feel taller, somehow. I also start reading more. I take more walks in the park by myself. Can't explain the logic behind any of it. Just how we get.

Enjoy this time. And I hope it only gets better with this new person of yours!!

-b, trying to remember his last walk in the park...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us