The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-was-working-fine-this-morning-using-the-12813984.aspx

Subject:  Re: TIPS increase 100% safe withdrawal Date:  6/28/2000  10:17 AM
Author:  jobobb Number:  22937 of 75637

It was working fine this morning using the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. A few folks have reported problems with Netscape. If you are using IE, then I suspect Geocities is having some server problems.

Hi intercst -
It's definitely a problem for those using Netscape. I'm the one who wrote to you about the same problem when your new Millenium version of the safe wrdl calculator came out (and you graciously emailed me the spredsheet) ... this time, when I encountered the same problem with the new page, I bit the bullet and hunted down the copy of Internet Explorer I swore I would never ever use :) and, viola, no problems accessing the page.

I only have this problem with the Geocities pages on your site. I think it has something to do with some javascript in those pages.

Shows how much I admire and appreciate your work, for me to willingly submit to Microsoft's domination to access your pages :>

jobobb

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us