The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing
|Subject: Re: 457 withdrawals||Date: 7/15/2000 9:05 PM|
|Author: mdorsey||Number: 23400 of 75383|
My plan has the following options which I think are common.
1. Total lump sum. - Not good. Big tax hit.
2. Partial lump sum. - I used this to get my retirement off with a bang.
3. Installments. - A set of monthly payments lasting a specified period. Amount varies.
4. Fixed dollar installments. - The one I chose. I expect the dollars to last for 15 years.
5. Annuity. - Purchased from a third party of your choice by the 457 administrator.
6. Plan to plan transfer. - If you are changing jobs to another 457 provider.
I started late but amassed a 6 figure amount to suppliment a good standard pension.
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|