The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks X / Xerox Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tektronixs-former-color-printer-workers--12972709.aspx

Subject:  Re: Red Herring Date:  7/21/2000  2:02 PM
Author:  gotadde Number:  1287 of 3604

Tektronix's former color printer workers . . . . live and die by email, while some of their Xerox counterparts go a week without checking.
- - - - - - - - - - -

*&%#$!!
I wish I had known this before. If accurate, that statement pretty much sums up the problems with XRX's culture. (E.g., they resist regionalization and centralization in favor of continued decentralization but cannot even bother to read their email?!?)

Sounds like what is needed is a few good hachetmen/women at the top to change the culture (and, as the French said during World War I, to shoot a few folks "to encourage the others"). After all, shareholders are already feeling the pain (as are clients), so why not take the bull by the horns now?

Steve (who is now really glad that he "forgot" to tel his wife that he bought more)
P.S. And Bruno, sorry for the delayed response, but my copy of _Barron's_ got pitched and I've not been able to get another copy of the article. Xerox's a heckuva mess, though.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us