The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks X / Xerox Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/enoughalready-notes-i-must-disagree-with-you-12977146.aspx

Subject:  Re: Red Herring Date:  7/22/2000  2:02 AM
Author:  themeateater Number:  1290 of 3605

EnoughAlready notes - I must disagree with you that "Xerox people can go a week without checking it [email]"

The statement was a quote (not made by me). Ref. Red Herring Magazine, July 2000, Page 364. Do you mean to state that I misquoted the article, or that the quote was incorrect?

Here's the quote in question "They live and die by email, while some of their Xerox counterparts go a week without checking."

The Article didn't state that no one at Xerox checked their Email. It just stated that some Xerox Counterparts did. Are you, EnoughAlready, in a position to dispute that?

EnoughAlready notes - I believe that you'll find that any potential culture clash between the two entities will be short-lived and inconsequential.

Please elaborate! There are several assumptions we can make:

1.) The culture clash will be short-lived and inconsequential because the two cultures are really quite similar. There is no clash, and the Red Herring Article is wrong.

2.) The culture clash will be short-lived and inconsequential because integration will occur quickly.

a.) Tektronics culture will quickly be assimulated.
b.) Or, Xerox culture will change to Tektronics.
c.) Or, Xerox supports multiple cultures.

The point of the Red Herring Article was basically that Xerox was working hard to achieve 2.c. Tektronics Culture is different, but Xerox had asolution: since one of the Tektronix division's biggest assets is its business culture, Xerox, working with KPMG, has taken great pains to build a "bubble" around OPB.

Is this Red Herring Article factual on this point?

Did circumstances change since the Article was published (and since Thoman has left)?

I really hope we continue with this discussion.

Bruno the Meateater
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us