The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks X / Xerox Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/frankly-yes-i-am-disagreeing-with-the-article-12979592.aspx

Subject:  Re: Red Herring Date:  7/22/2000  4:57 PM
Author:  EnoughAlready Number:  1292 of 3604

Frankly yes, I am (disagreeing with the article). I've worked for Xerox for 20 years and during that time we used technology (much of it proprietary) to communicate between branches and countries long before email became a standard tool. I presently work in international operations and can send email to almost anyone doing the same (much harder to hook up on the road) and get a reply within 24hrs.

Now...onto the Tektronix discussion. I believe that Xerox is doing the right thing by not actively trying to change the Tektronix culture. They have a good organization and properly coupled with some of the work being done in PARC we can expect some good products to emerge. I've yet to see Xerox trying to assimilate the Tektronix organization (although I won't say that we haven't done that in the past). Rather, I see a "hands off" approach that I welcome, in this case. In conclusion, I think Xerox can, as you mentioned, support multiple cultures. The largest issue we are dealing with right now is the reorganization and many of the lasting effects of those actions.

I don't know what (if any) other "surprises" may lie ahead, but despite the dreary present I do believe that the proper leadership can quickly harnass the many good things occurring at Xerox and increase the value to the customers, stockholders and employees.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us