The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks X / Xerox Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/phoolphancy-let-me-first-commend-you-on-offering-12984894.aspx

Subject:  Re: Red Herring Date:  7/23/2000  10:10 PM
Author:  1unafraidbull Number:  1294 of 3604

phoolphancy, let me first commend you on offering the full title of your abbreviation following its first usage (a courtesy some of the best Fools often neglect).

As for your comment applauding XRX for their long-term standing and progression in various categories of the lastest Fortune 500 diversity study such as "whether the company ties performance reviews and bonuses to diversity goals"...although it may not be the most popular opinion, I disagree with a company tieing "bonuses" to diversity goals. Bonuses should without exception be performance-related; not governed by some internal corporate bureaucracy to offer some percentage of bonuses to minorities.

Furthermore...regarding XRX's top notch efforts to be diverse and minority-friendly, you wrote "this type of change will require some time before the full powerful and positive effects of a diverse workforce ushers Xerox back to it's former greatness." Well, first of all, I wish their problems were that simple. I could attach many links citing the shortcomings of XRX mgt but no doubt the studious Fools on this board have already read them. Besides, XRX has been in high standing in this diversity study for over 3 years now...just how long before you expect the "powerful and positive effects" of these efforts to pay off?

-still unafraid
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us