The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / He/She

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/b-anything-else-imos-pizza-grandpas-13136164.aspx

Subject:  Re: Calling all Fools Date:  8/16/2000  6:06 PM
Author:  catdaddy1 Number:  9280 of 44390

B,

.... anything else?
IMO's pizza, Grandpa's (well, it used to be grandpa's), "It's not the heat, it's the humidity", and The Landing. I actually don't know that there are too many STL sayings that aren't used elsewhere. I also don't know anyone that says "farty-far" when referring to I-44 but somehow people think that is common. I tend to hear things like "Warshington" or "Crik" (creek).

Have you noticed, though, the male to femaile ratio of MidWestern Fools that's shaping up?
I did notice that and I am a bit surprised by it for some reason (don't know why, maybe the STL Fool men are just too grumpy to go out).

Bodes well for us, methinks.
Remember your vows, my friend!

Plus, it's probably a sure way to get yef to fly out here!
That would be cool!

Whadya think about Ramone's in C-Ville as a potential spot?
Geez. I could almost walk there from my house...
Actually, I've never even been there but I know where it is and I've lived in this town for over 3 yrs. I'm all for C-ville, but since there are so many people from the city and parts west (remember, a and lk are in Springfield and Anna is in Columbia - if we can find her) that they'll probably want something more centrally located. If we do decide something on the east side, there are lots of golf courses that are easy to find so that is one plus. Besides, if folks are cool about it (no getting silly and trashing my place), I've got room to crash at my house for anyone that gets too pissed or tired to drive. (Bring your own sleeping bag because I never replaced the furniture after ex-gf moved out so all I have is my couch, loveseat that gets no love, and a futon - how bachelor can I get, right?) I have tons of floor space though.

We'll see what they say.

catdaddy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us