The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jdwinnola-you-responded-with-ltlt-i-would-13192691.aspx

Subject:  Re: Friend for a Financial Planner Date:  8/25/2000  8:07 PM
Author:  TTRoberts Number:  24354 of 75335

JDWinNOLA, you responded with:

<< I would think that I would not want a "Good Friend" to know my personal finances that closely. I don't even tell my daughters exactly what I have, much less my friends. I don't think you can remain friends with this advisor if you use him.

There are always exceptions but more friends have been lost over money than anything else, including girl friends. ;-)
>>

Hmmmmmm??? . . . . "including girl friends", huh? How about including wives and husbands? Therefore one shouldn't disclose "personal" finances to a spouse, huh? Why or why not? Is it easier to trust a friend or a stranger with one's personal finances . . . ???

I feel it depends on just how good that friendship is AND how good a "friend" one can be. AND . . . .just because one may use a "friend" of personal issues, like finances, doesn't me one should just take things for granted.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us