The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/still-tracking-just-ignore-the-part-where-they-13206252.aspx

Subject:  Re: Your Money or Your Life Date:  8/28/2000  10:15 PM
Author:  zebug Number:  16482 of 757497

Still tracking. Just ignore the part where they say to invest in bonds/treasuries only.

The time sink is not as great as you would think. Much less time as you make it a habit.

The first step was easy, fun, and very revealing. I feel much better now :). That's where you calculate your lifetime income and net worth. Umm, mostly to the penny except I didnt' go round up all my spare change and count it.

Timewise? Maybe took me about a couple of months since I keep all papers but got out of the habit of filing everthing back in 1996. I had a lot of catch up filing to gather what I needed to do part one. I've still got tons of filing to do to even get to the organized state I was in before 1996.

This disorganized state has turned me into a buy and hold investor because in order to sell, I need to gather information on my costs ...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us