The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: ERRONEOUS CONTRIBUTION TO 1999 TRADITIONAL I Date:  9/6/2000  7:35 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  39628 of 124591

<<For the 1999 tax year I elected a filing status of married-filing separately for both me and my wife. Based on our individual incomes and deductions this filing status provided us a larger refund then filing married-jointly as we have done in the past. The larger refund was confirmed by using my What-If Worksheet within my Intuit Turbo Tax software.>>

Hopefully you also understand community property laws (if you live in a community property state),