The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/go-to-the-world-bank-home-page-i-think-its-13360681.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wealth Curve Date:  9/24/2000  2:58 PM
Author:  slinkyfool Number:  19193 of 757507

go to the World Bank home page (I think it's www.worldbank.com) look under data for GNP Per Capita 1999. That will give you numbers pretty close to the income per person in each country, and some data for median low, average and high income at a global level. Notice the US is not at the top of the list!
Wealth is much harder to estimate....there's mountains of bad debt tied up in the global derivative markets and none of it is reported, the trillion-dollar meltdown of LTCM will not be the last global financial catastrophe we we see....Notice how a trillion dollars of "internet wealth" (e.g. inflation and increase in the global money supply) covered up the LTCM losses. I think it's safe to assume global inflation will continue, but it's also safe to assume that the wealth will be redistributed among various nations.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us