The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Supporting one parent financially Date:  9/26/2000  5:25 PM
Author:  RiverCityFool Number:  40331 of 127613

You couuld claim your mother as a dependent if her gross income is less than $2,750 and you provide more than half of her total support during the calendar year. For more details, see IRS pub 501
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us