The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-savings-bonds-part-2-13437197.aspx

Subject:  I Savings Bonds Part 2 Date:  10/6/2000  4:22 PM
Author:  reatta93 Number:  25338 of 76418

Just wanted to let you all know what happened as a result of surfing the web and talking to the Federal Reserve Banks of Dallas, Kansas City and Cleveland. The application for I Bonds is accompanied by your check made out to the Federal Reserve Bank. The Feds don't know why our bank was insistent on having $50,000.00 deposited in my checking account with a 10 day check hold, just to write another check to the Feds and have to deal with their holding period.

You can buy I Bonds online but the maximum dollar amount is $500.00.

Or you can deal with the Federal Reserve by mail. Get the application(s) from a financial instituion, fill it out yourself, and send in your check (one check per application if you are sending in more than one application) to the following address:
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Pittsburgh Branch
P.O. Box 867
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15230-0867

The toll free number to the Savings Bonds Dept. in Pittsburgh is 1-800-345-2804 if you have any questions.

If your financial institution is giving you problems like ours this is the way to go.

Reatta

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us