The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  personal corporation Date:  10/8/2000  7:10 PM
Author:  pnagaraju1 Number:  40692 of 127613

I have a sort of complex situation and would like some advice:

I am a professional currently employed by a company. I have maxed out my 403-b. I can afford to put more money into tax deferred retirement savings. I may have the option of setting up a personal corporation and contracting myself out to the company. In this way I could set up a SEP-IRA and may be able to put away more in tax deferred savings. In addition I could manage my own investments instead of choosing from mutual funds. There are of course other tradeoffs; like paying my own malpractice insurance, life and disabilty, etc.
Is this a wise idea? Are there other tax deferral options if I don't qualify for roth IRA, etc.? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us