The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 16 Year old and an IRA Date:  10/20/2000  11:10 PM
Author:  RicsAst Number:  25624 of 78166

My broker says they can't have a minor as the owner of an equity account


Hi caisprices, I guess the easy answer is that you need to get a different Broker.

I am sure that there are many brokers to choose from. I had not problem with mine. I work with USAA ( Although they cater to the military for their banking and insurance, their brokerage house is open to the public. They are pricey ($24 per online trade) but I don't trade frequently to make it a big issue…it makes up for the good service.

Anyway, I as