The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/altovista-wrote-as-far-as-saving-for-a-house-i-13624457.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Quiz Date:  11/3/2000  1:57 PM
Author:  veronica6 Number:  25944 of 76098

altovista wrote:
As far as saving for a house. I live near Seattle and currently own several. What I find nice about Fixed money market accounts such as the one offered by TIAA-CREF is that my money is not tied up like in a Certificate of Deposit and yet it earns anwhere from 5.5%-6.30%. This comes in really handy when one is not sure when the 'perfect opportunity' for buying or building will arrise. I am only familiar with Vangards index funds but Creft also has very competitive maintanence fees as well. You, can also write checks from this type of fixed account for no extra charge so it makes this investment very liquid for purposes of saving for a house or car or family emergency.
(end quote)

I also live near Seattle and am looking for a vehicle to save money for the situations you mentioned above. I recieved the information packet from TIAA-CREFF and just sent it in. It is good to hear a review from someone currently using the product.
Veronica
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us