The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-single-no-children-by-choice-too-have-no-13627670.aspx

Subject:  Re: How do you leave it behind ??? Date:  11/3/2000  8:50 PM
Author:  MVgirl Number:  25953 of 75340

I'm single & no children by choice too. Have no life insurance. My organs are all for grabs, & most likely try giving what left to a Med. school if they'll take it. I don't want to take up any space, or plan on leaving much to leave anyone. My IRAs have charites as Benficiaries. Women's charites.

I would use this time to start to follow some interests. Especially the ones you can't do later. Bungee(sp?) jumping? Like I bred, raised, trained a few Good horses. You can't do that very well/safely at 65? Well the hands on mostly enjoyable part. My body is now falling apart. Looking back, I'm SOoo glad I did my horses when I did now. A mind with interests stays healthy at any age.

I don't believe you should live totally for the future as it may not be there. Somethings have to done when you CAN do them. So stop & watch the sunsets as you go.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us