The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-very-interesting-perspective-mike-at-67-im-13753175.aspx

Subject:  Re: Third Age ?? Date:  11/21/2000  11:00 AM
Author:  riverlad Number:  5636 of 19378

A very interesting perspective, Mike - at 67, I'm sort of semi-retired, spending much of my waking hours trading stocks and trying to learn all those things that never got learned before I had the luxury of listening to the Boston traffic reports from my home office.
This age, whatever it's called, has a rich potential for growth that's too often overlooked or squandered. It does take some preparation during the Second Age to deal with the changes, both positive and negative, that seem fairly common to this phase of our lives, but we usually have the advantage of less responsibility to others and some gathered experience. It seems that attitude is the single most important factor in determining what we make of this opportunity. Sure, health and wealth are not to be despised, but even they are relative values over which our attitudinal orientation can triumph.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us