The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Colorado

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hello-miriam-im-late-again-sorry-for-that-your-13801567.aspx

Subject:  Re: Miriam's Ski Report 11/22/2000 Date:  11/29/2000  2:38 PM
Author:  Moellemann Number:  1334 of 6272

Hello Miriam,

I'm late again, sorry for that!

Your English is great!

not realy. But I work on it. Big problem is gramma. There are many mistakes. I was working within a NATO Headquarter in Germany for about 8 years. I don't wether you ever heard about Ramstein Air Force Base?
Did you hear about that terrible planecrash caused by an Italian Airplane during an airshow?

I had left the German Military and that Base just a few month before that accident.

However, thats where I lerned English. Since that is, let me think, about almost 20 years ago I have forgotten a lot of vocabulary! That is if you are not forced to speak English. Therefor I'll have to use a dictionary quite often.

Well, I never had the chance to learn English in school. Now, almost every kid has to lern English as well as German and some of them also lern french. It's mandatory, which in my opinion is very good. Everything of importance in this world is handled in English. Though everybody should speak English, a bit at least.

I have a family and they ride on all sorts of silly stuff like snowboards and snowblades and I don't know what will be next.

Be surprised Miriam ;-)) There is nothing you can realy do against it, can't you!

I just bought my son a snowboard yesterday. I am not going to try that out. I did that mistake ones when I tried to ride his scateboard. One try, one broken leg, hehe. ;-) So much for that experience!

Christmas pyramid? I don't think I know what that is.
Is your mother from the Erzgebirge, or just visiting?

So, this shall be it for today.
I wish you to have a pleasant day lots of sun powder snow, just everything you like, ok?

Heinz
from Germany (no snow to see)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us