The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-had-asked-the-question-about-the-s2000-i-had-13807342.aspx

Subject:  Re: S2000 Date:  11/30/2000  8:42 AM
Author:  ChuckRock Number:  1101 of 11711

You had asked the question about the S2000. I had the pleasure of driving one at the Bondurant School of Driving. Two of my classmates were there and each brought their S2000. I'll give you my impression of the car with this example:

The two guys were older (60's +) and were the slowest on the autocross to everyone (we all were using Mustang GT's.) Around 2-3 seconds slower. The instructors let them use their cars on the cross, and they improved by 4 seconds a lap. I was amazed.

My buds and I all work at Ford, and we have done some good stuff. Driving the S2000 in a dynamic situation is fantastic. I own a Mustang GT (1998 tricked) and the 2000 can eat it (stock) alive. Even with my mods, I need to be at the top of my game to stay with it. Impressive car.

Driving it, you need to stay up in the revs (you know this from your Prelude) but there is something cool about 8500 revs. Wow.

I'm a Mustanger, but I am impressed by that little car.

Chuck
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us