The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Alternative Minimum Tax from Stock Options Date:  12/7/2000  12:50 AM
Author:  PaulEA Number:  42593 of 127528

You only have to worry about AMT if you exercised the ISOs. The only way to get out of the AMT adjustment is to sell the ISO stock before the end of the year.

Otherwise, your AMT adjustment will be the difference between the option price and stock price on the date of exercises times the number of shares.

Sorry no loopholes there.

The only plus is if you do have to AMT tax it will create a minimum tax credit that you could use in the future.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us