The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Travel Nursing Date:  12/7/2000  5:42 AM
Author:  NoelleRN Number:  42595 of 127611

This is my first year as a travel nurse and I need to figure out what the IRS is going to do to me this year. I work for an agency and travel to various states for 3-month assignments. My housing is paid by the hospital for which I am working.

I was last a permanent resident of Arizona, but am not working there now and do not own any property or have any family there. I only have a P.O. box there.


Is my housing considered taxable income by the IRS?

I don't meet the requirements for a "tax home" in Arizona or anyplace, actually. What will this mean to the IRS? Do I have to have one somewhere?

If I become a Washington resident (where I am now and will be until May), do I still owe state taxes to the state of Arizona for 2000?

Any information would be appreciated. I'd especially love to hear from any other travel nurses who have been through these issues!


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us