The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-actually-had-to-do-much-of-my-goal-setting-for-13925566.aspx

Subject:  Re: Plans for the New Year Date:  12/18/2000  12:01 PM
Author:  JennyJean Number:  51790 of 308356

I actually had to do much of my goal-setting for 2001 in advance, since some of it was tied to open enrollment in November. (My employer lets us make changes to our 403(b) on the same paperwork as we make all of our other benefit choices, so I sat down to figure all this out then.)

*Increase 403(b) contributions by $100/month now that credit cards will be paid off (SOOOOO close now!) This would have been a larger increase, were it not for the fact that health care premiums went up fairly dramatically as well.

*Build up emergency fund (through credit union payroll deduction) to 3 months expenses

*Add $5000 to house fund: my current drafts from checking to MMF will take care of about 1/2 of this; cutting expenses or increasing income to add the other 1/2 of this is one of my priorities.

*Pay off credit card in full every month (I'm *not* letting it sneak up on me again this year).

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us