The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Stuck with annuity Date:  12/18/2000  1:03 PM
Author:  jtmitch Number:  26678 of 88513

You do have the option of doing a 1035 transfer to a better variable annuity. You would still have to pay the surrender charge applicable at the time you transfer it, but you would not have to pay any tax penalty. (Under a 1035, the money in the annuity goes directly from one insurance company to another.) The two highest quality, lowest cost annuitiy providers that I am aware of are Vanguard and TIAA-CREF.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us