The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/is-anyone-else-goal-setting-for-the-new-year-13926816.aspx

Subject:  Re: Plans for the New Year Date:  12/18/2000  2:26 PM
Author:  beccapooka Number:  51798 of 308362

Is anyone else goal-setting for the new year?
-------

My current goals are actually for the next 15 months with little minigoals in between.

I had to borrow $3000 to fix my car and I have to repay $3200 if it is repaid by 3/21/2001. An additional $50 will be tagged onto the end of each quarter. So, my plan is to pay this off as a priorty to keep it a good deal.

That leave about $5000. I should be able to pay off the 3 lowest balance cards (totaling about $700) this year and start attacking the next ones as well. Starting in June, I will have $180 a month extra to put towards debt.

I am very focused on this debt. I know that some of you have commented that $14,000 a year isn't much. The thing is, I'd have more than enough if I didn't owe $8,000. Things are so slim right now that when I have gotten rid of the debt, I will feel like I am rolling in money, even on such a small income.

Rebecca
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us