The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  re: kiddies and taxes Date:  12/19/2000  10:21 AM
Author:  GSullivan Number:  43087 of 127617

don't forget state sponsored education trusts. tax deferred with tax exemptions from state income taxes for qualified disbursments (as long as money is used for education expenses). parents, grandparents, relatives can gift money to trust within certain CT. unlimited per year up to a lifetime limit of $100,000. per account. $'s can be transferred from one sibling to another. not available in all states but worth a look if offered in yours. performance is typically conservative- but hey- that's not always a bad thing! consider holding $'s in more aggressive companies until closer to need and then transfering $'s to one of these accounts and get the tax break.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us