The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt
|Subject: Re: Plans for the New Year||Date: 12/19/2000 3:09 PM|
|Author: caesium55||Number: 51894 of 309252|
Is anyone else goal-setting for the new year?
1. Open a money market account or interest-bearing checking account where I can keep my quarterly/yearly virtual accounts (insurance, etc.), now that the balance is high enough to be worth it.
2. Start a 'Holiday Club' virtual account so I don't have to change my budget, as I did this year, to pay cash for Christmas presents.
3. My original debt-payoff plan had my CC payoff date in Sep '01, but I don't know if that will happen given recent changes. Keep working on the debts, definitely, and hopefully get the 2k Citibank and 1.5k First USA Visa paid off, and work on the 4k MBNA biggie.
4. Continue paying my car loan off and saving to a 'new car' fund.
5. Pay cash for copays and deductibles for doc visits and optometrist etc. I need to do.
6. Do my own taxes this year.
7. Continue to save and plan for grad school.
8. Move into a nicer apartment, but one I can still afford.
9. Actually get the emergency fund up to 3 months living expenses.
10. Start thinking about post-debt plans; investing etc.
Erk, that's a lot. :)
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|