The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Withholding tax UK /US residence Date:  12/20/2000  3:52 PM
Author:  WeeBeastie Number:  43178 of 127549


My previous answer assumed these gains were short-term. If long term, then my answer may change. Long term gains and losses are treated differently in the U.S. than short term. I haven't been here long enough to have long term gains/losses so my answer only applies to short term.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us