The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Private / Foolanthropy -- Charity Drive

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/no-overhead-allocation-13947604.aspx

Subject:  No Overhead Allocation Date:  12/21/2000  1:33 AM
Author:  BenMoyle Number:  3440 of 5550

In reading the Foolanthropy charity descriptions I noted that some of them had pledged to use none or only a limited percent of TMF-related contributions for overhead expenses.

So what do they do, just not pay their salaried people for a month when they otherwise would have? Send out their mail without postage on it? Of course not, they just pay them more from other contribution sources to whom they have not made such promise. But that makes no difference whatsoever. Their expenses are what they are, and have to be allocated from each contribution proportionately.

I stand ready to be corrected, hope so even, but stuff like that seems to be rather insulting to the contributors' intelligence.

(I suggest that this is targetted more at TMF than the charities themselves, I have no reason to believe the charities with such clauses in their description are any less efficient or less valid than those without it.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us