The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Moving expenses tax deduction Date:  1/4/2001  6:52 PM
Author:  JABoa Number:  43932 of 127519

The short answer is No. This is discussed briefly on Page 215 of the Motley Fool Investment Tax Guide 2000. Your reimbursed expenses are not deductible, nor is the reimbursement income to you. However, you may have extra expenses (gasoline, a motel, maybe transporting a pet) which were not reimbursed, and these would go on Line 26 as an adjustment to income. You have to file Form 3903 to find the details.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us